Below you will find our affiliate terms and conditions. These are not meant to be scary, but just a way for us to make sure you fully understand what is required to participate with us. They are a way to protect you, the International Bloggers’ Association, and the new members you refer.
The International Bloggers’ Association and IBAbloggers will be referred to as IBA in this agreement.
To register as an affiliate, you must have an active IBA membership in good standing. We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. If you’re approved, welcome aboard! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote the International Bloggers’ Association via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more!
Commissions and Payouts
By participating in our affiliate program, you agree to these terms. You are always welcome to contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Who Can Apply?
Not a member yet? You can join IBA here!
What Can You Earn?
You earn a $2 referral for every new member you refer to the IBA! Simple right?
Referral commission is only paid in the first year of membership.
When will you be paid?
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD via PayPal on the 15th of every month. To protect our brand, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. There is no minimum payout. And, there’s no maximum payout balance. So have fun!
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
Should your membership cancel or owe dues, it will remove you from affiliate program and any referral income you would earn.
Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to become an IBA member, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the membership has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the IBA’s Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate News and Updates
By becoming an affiliate, you agree to receive emails from the IBA. These emails will be sent to affiliates only and may include important information regarding the IBA’s Affiliate Program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote the International Bloggers’ Association. We will never spam you!
Affiliate Application Rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason including past due membership dues. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
We may email you about any question we might have with your application.
Allowed Promotional Methods
IBA encourages the use of promotional methods that add value to International Bloggers’ Association and bring us legitimate, loyal members.
Here are a few examples of fantastic promotional methods to use:
- Tell clients, fellow bloggers, potential bloggers, or friends about IBA, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about blogging tribes, blogging associations, or International Bloggers’ Association and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link or communicate to your Linkedin followers about finding blogging tribes with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited Promotional Methods
We love our association, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our members from any fraudulent activity, which is something the IBA takes extremely seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- IBAbloggers may not be promoted on coupon sites as this is not our target audience.
- Any spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote IBAbloggers. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed promotional methods!
- Don’t pretend to be professionally associated with IBAbloggers
Affiliates aren’t employees of IBAbloggers or International Bloggers’ Assocation LLC. and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be IBAbloggers or the International Bloggers’ Association is 100% prohibited
Cloning the IBA site, copying the IBA site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official IBA site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to future members that you are endorsed or operated by the International Bloggers’ Association or IBAbloggers is prohibited.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of Prohibited Promotional Methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected, and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
We do require that any and all referrals be disclosed within FTC guidelines. You are responsible for complying with their terms, and IBA cannot be held responsible if you fail to.
Other Important Stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions, you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program, you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate, you are not an employee of IBAbloggers or International Bloggers’ Assocation LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against IBAbloggers or International Bloggers’ Assocation LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Thanks For Your Cooperation!
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read our terms, and agreeing to them. And, as always, we look forward to helping you grow while you are helping us to grow!