From the Desk of Clearissa Coward’s Command Center, you will find several options for a personal planner that will keep your life organized!
My Favorite Tool For Keeping My Life Organized
There is one thing I use daily to keep my life moving along smoothly. And, although I have a smartphone, iPad, 2 laptops (one is in need of repair) and an old PC, I still need this one item to keep me on track. As you can see, I am pretty plugged into technology, but there is one more item that is not technology driven, that I truly cannot live without.
You can help others be organized by pinning this image to you favorite Pinterest board!
Can you guess what my favorite tool for keeping my life organized might be?
It’s a personal planner. I love, need, and use my personal planner daily. I need to feel the page, have colorful pens and have a place to keep my grocery lists, to-do lists, appointments, blog post subjects, birthdays, anniversaries and all other important information that makes up my daily life.
Also, I need a place to jot down my daily feelings and an area to log my prayer requests, so I have a tangible reference for when God answers them.
Nothing keeps me organized, gets me where I need to be on time, or allows me to share my feelings like my personal journal. Surprisingly, with all of the available technology, planner sales have skyrocketed, and different styles are hitting the marketplace all the time.
There are all sorts of planners to choose from and finding one that works for your personal style can become expensive and be daunting.
Even though we are a few months into the new year it is not too late to purchase a new planner, I thought I would share some of the options with you. Please know there are many, many more options out there, but I thought I would choose five that represent the gamut from simple and inexpensive to the more expensive ones that you can actually tailor to your specific needs. You can find my review of them here.Find the right planner to keep your life organized! Click To Tweet
How to know if you need a personal, hard-copy journal:
- You like to have your day planned and available even if your mobile device battery dies or if technology fails for some reason or another
- Do you like to be colorful and creative with your lists and calendars? (You can use colored pens, stickers, etc.)
- You like to carry coupons or other important papers with you during the day
- Maybe you prefer to personalize a system that works specifically for you
- You are not comfortable maintaining personal information like credit card numbers, children’s schedules, banking information online
- You like to have a space to carry greeting cards, stamps, etc.
- Or, you simply prefer holding a pen in your hand and checking off your to-do list.
- you enjoy maintaining your calendar, to-do list, and daily journal in one convenient place
- another important positive attribute of a hand-held journal is the fact that it can be color-coded, add pictures, stickers, labels and so much more to each page if you enjoy that sort of thing (I do)
Personal planners can be very expensive these days. I know because I gave several a test drive before I found the one that works for me and a couple were quite pricey. Once I found “the one” I have ordered the same journal each year and with it, I am able to keep up with my family, church, work, and blog obligations. But what works for me may not work for you.
With that in mind, check out Clearissa’s top five planners to pick from here!
Research Your Personal Planner Options
What do you do now? Research, research, research. I want you to be happy with your choice, and research is essential!
What is important to me?
I am a blogger and an organizing enthusiast who loves to open her journal and read positive affirmations. I also need my planner to color-code and have lots of tab options. Plus, I need space to journal about my day and keep notes. A small planner does nothing for me! I need a larger size. But I did not automatically know that. After purchasing a few duds, I had to do my research to find one to fit my needs.
I hope my suggestions will help you make a decision because if you are a planner user, you know now is the time to order for 2017. And that is especially true if you are going with some of the designer brands because sometimes they sell out quickly.
Please, let me know which planner you decide is best for you in the comments below. Who knows, you may have one that would work for me as well.
Until next time…Organization is my element
About Clearissa Coward
Clearissa and has a page is focused on organization, redesigning, upcycling, crafting and DIYing. The kicker…she does it all on a budget! She invites you to share her journey. Clearissa is always learning. And she is hoping this will become a place where you can share and continue learning together.