Perhaps it was because Kimberly was born on Columbus Day, or perhaps it’s just her natural curiosity to understand everything around her. No matter the cause, Kimberly’s natural curiosity and sense of adventure led her to seek out many seemingly unrelated interests – and then figure out how they fit together.
While Kimberly was studying to become a Registered Nurse, she worked at T-Mobile USA as a sales associate and customer service representative – and quite often helped her clients as a tier 1 level technical support. Upon graduation, Kimberly worked in a Level 1 Trauma Center Emergency Department, specializing in pediatric trauma. She also taught lifesaving courses like CPR, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Core (ENPC).
When her third son was born, Kimberly took a sabbatical from the hospital to focus on her family… only to rediscover her love of writing, blogging, sales, and marketing – all while discovering another new passion – that of product design and classical copywriting.
Blogging for fun at Protean Mom quickly turned into blogging for businesses, including her own company: Protean Enterprises DBA Cute Compression Socks. Under the Cute Compression Socks label, Kimberly designs, markets, manufactures, and sells an entire line of performance-grade compression socks worldwide.
Today, Kimberly writes as a content marketing specialist (blogger) as well as a classically trained direct response copywriter for both herself and her handpicked clients at Protean Writer. By combining her natural curiosity and know-how with a unique knowledge base as both a blogger and a copywriter, she’s helped companies to achieve remarkable immediate and long-term results.
Kimberly Starr graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s of Science (emphasis in Nursing) and is a certified member of The Professional Writer’s Alliance within the American Writers & Artists’ Inc. (AWAI). She has been published on The Huffington Post, MoneySavingMom.com, and the International Blogger’s Association.
Kimberly lives in Utah with her husband and business partner, Greg, their three sons, their dog, and is expecting a baby girl in early 2017. When she’s not working, Kimberly can be found reading, spending time with family, or trying a new recipe in the kitchen. If she’s not there, it’s probably because she’s eating chocolate or taking a nap – because being pregnant is, quite frankly, exhausting.
- How to Pick an Email Service for your Blog (without going crazy)
- How to Make the Big Bucks as an Amazon Affiliate!
- Wall of Fame Editor’s Choice: How to Make Competition Completely Irrelevant
- How to Grow your Facebook Page – Organically (without ads)
- July Wall of Fame Editor’s Choice: Adventure Saturdays, Waterfalls, and I Swear I Saw a Mermaid…
- How to Become August’s Wall of Fame Blogger with Submission Guidelines
- Blogging Tip: When to Quit Studying and Start Doing
- How to Become July’s Wall of Fame Blogger!
- Wall of Fame Editor’s Choice: My Summer Staycation Bucket List
- Wall of Fame How-to: Summertime Homemade Barbecue Sauce