Welcome to Let’s Make Your Blog Awesome, the learning series that will help us all become awesome bloggers. To be featured on Let’s Make Your Blog Awesome, please read the guidelines below:
- Blogs should be snazzy, up-to-date, and easily accessible.
- Posts must be well-written, without spelling or ugly grammar errors.
- Quality photography is super important preferably with images optimized for Pinterest. Your images may be used on Let’s Make Your Blog Awesome.
- This content will be featured Friday on the IBA blog at Let’s Make Your Blog Awesome.
- We will learn what makes this blog awesome so we can be awesome too. Each week will have its blogging tips and possibly critiques, but I promise to be nice.
- This content will be pinned to Pinterest. Check the board out here: International Bloggers’ Association
- Celebrate our featured member and please, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
- To be part of this, join the IBA and participate in our IBA Facebook group. Watch out for my post in the Facebook group, asking for your most awesome post so I can feature you the following week!
Now let’s get started with this week’s awesome blog. Drum roll, please…. Explore Oman was written by Laura at Mommy Maleta
What makes Laura’s blog awesome? Here are three blogging tips for you and your blog:
- Everything about Laura’s blog is cute. Sure, we are not all going for the “cute” look, but you must admit that cute blogs are catchy, attractive, and likable. Depending on your blogging niche, cute may appeal to your audience too. If so, take a look at Mommy Maleta and maybe you will learn something about making your blog catchy, attractive, and likable, in a cute way 😉
- Laura is using beautiful photography at Mommy Maleta. Her pictures of Oman make you want to step through your computer into a new world! If you can’t take the photos yourself, find them online. Just make sure that you are allowed to use them, and give the proper credit when due. Trust me; great photography is important for most types of blogs. Travel, fashion, home, garden, and food blogs all depend on great photography. When I first started blogging about our new life in Mexico, I was using Instagram photos, and I am a professional photographer! I was just lazy. After switching to using my D-SLR and Adobe Photoshop, I am much happier with my blog posts. My audience appreciates the difference and yours will too.
- Notice the placement of Laura’s ads. One on the bottom of Mommy Maleta and a few in the right sidebar, under her about section and her subscribe section. They are very unobtrusive and tactfully placed. Nothing that will get in the way of her reading material and distract from her writing. I hate a website or blog that is full of ads, especially when they block what I am looking for. In most cases, your writing and photography should take place over your ads. They don’t generate that much profit anyway unless you have oodles of page views.
Now let’s review these three blogging tips we can apply to our blog that Laura applies at Mommy Maleta. You may notice repeats from a previous week’s tips, but repetition is how we learn!
- Catchy, attractive, and likable, in a cute way 😉
- Beautiful photography.
- Unobtrusive and tactfully placed ads.
What do you like about Laura’s blog? Tell me below. Our next, Let’s Make Your Blog Awesome, will be up and running on Friday, March 13th.
Have a wonderful week wherever you are in the world! Signing off, Tina