Blogging can be a great way to express your self. You have something great to share, a new recipe, DIY, or travel ideas. But how do you get the new reader to come to your blog, read it, and stay. You market your blog to grow your audience. I’ll share 5 tips that I think helps to market your blog and does not require you to spend money on ads to promote yourself.
Here are my five tips for marketing your blog:
- Social Media – There are many social media outlets, that you are bound to find one or two or three that like and don’t mind using weekly to market your blog to new and current reader. Facebook fan page, Google+, and Twitter in my eyes are the top ways to promote your blog, make blogging friends, gain new readers.
- Commenting on other blogs – I know you are wondering how a comment on someone else’s blog can help you. Many bloggers, use CommentLove, which lets you link your newest blog post to the comment. So, the blog you just read wins, by getting a reader and comments. You win, but being able to leave a link to a blog post.
- Join a blogging tribe. A tribe can be two or more bloggers who support each other, share each other’s blog post on social media.
- Guest writer for a blog. Writing a post for another blog can help drive some traffic to your blog. The blog you wrote the guest post for, well the readers from there may head over to your blog if they enjoyed the post.
- Join in on link parties. This drives a little traffic to your blog and your social media. It’s also a great way to connect with other bloggers.
I hope these tips help you to market your blog and grow your audience. I know it has help and still does help me with marketing my blog to others.
In February 2013, I started a blog Nippon Explorer because a few friends were looking for places to tour in Japan. Since I enjoy exploring all that Japan has to offer, this is a great way to document my fun and share with family and friends the places I have been and things I have done. I have since moved the blog Nippon Explorer over to Life of Creed, to include more than just Japan. Life of Creed includes family life, homeschooling, traveling, and just having a grand time. Hope you enjoy!
I am a mother and wife (military spouse), currently living overseas in Japan. I am a SAHM, work-from-home-mom, blogger, photographer, model, Ordained Minister, and the list goes on. I enjoy spending time with my husband (B) and daughter (toddler girl), traveling, reading, shopping, and learning. Blogging is very new to me and I am not a professional journalist by far. My education is in the health care field. I started with a diploma in Medical Administration Specialist, Associate of Science in Pharmacy, and a Bachelor of Science in Health Administration. Just recently I was awarded a Doctor of Divinity Degree.