RoundTeam offers an amazing time-saving solution to help you engage with the Twitter community, by discovering and sharing relevant content. They bring quality content to your followers, which eliminates spam we all hate, and enables you to grow your presence on Twitter.
Why do we like RoundTeam?
- Eliminates Spam
- Saves Me Time
- Customize it to your audience.
- Use filters to exclude content.
- Retweet Your Followed, Followers, Everyone, Direct Messages, and Lists
- Retweet by Mentions, Hashtags, Keyword, or Phrase
How does IBA use Roundteam?
We use Roundteam to retweet our paid members tweets! The IBA has a Twitter List dedicated to the bloggers who wish to retweet our fellow IBA members.
How you can use RoundTeam?
- Go to RoundTeam
- Click Sign In With Twitter (Upper Right Hand Corner)
- Choose if you want to add your account. (Make sure correct Twitter account is in upper right corner. If not, you to sign out of Twitter on a different tab and then restart the process.)
- Authorize RoundTeam to use your Twitter account. (Gives them permission to retweet for you.)
- Choose a free or premium account. Paid accounts get more retweets per hour, more teams, and much more. Keep in mind free account is pretty awesome, and it gives you a way to try it and make sure you like it!
- It will then ask if you want to retweet anyone who mentions you. (You can always add that later.)
- Next is your dashboard. Here you will see they have five options to configure with: Followed, Followers, Everyone, Direct Messages, or Lists
- Click + (plus) sign to add your choice. You can choose any hashtag, @mentions, keyword, or phrase or to retweet.
- Add your filters or edit your filters click the setting wheel. Click Save.
[clickToTweet tweet=”RoundTeam: Why the IBA loves to use it to Share its Members! #twittertips” quote=”RoundTeam: Why the IBA Loves to Use it to Share its Members!”]
Retweet from a list with RoundTeam
- Pick existing or create new Twitter List.
- Add Twitter account(s) you’d like to retweet from to this List.
- Add this List to RoundTeam.
How to add your favorite list to RoundTeam:
- Click plus button next to “Lists” section of your Team.
- Enter a username (exclude @) and a listname (no quotes).
- Enter any hashtag, mention, keyword, or a phrase you want to retweet from this list to the keyword field or leave it blank to retweet everything from this List. This field also supports OR, AND logical operators, so you can put something like “#coffee AND #ny” to require both tags to be present in Tweet.
- Finish with the check mark button.
For enhanced privacy, any List can be made “Private” on Twitter after it was configured in RoundTeam. These actions won’t affect retweet results.
Note: Lists can be additionally filtered by using various filters.
For more help, watch their “How to Retweet from a Twitter List” tutorial.
Things to remember for RoundTeam
Free accounts are limited and you may need a premium account to keep a constant schedule.
Your retweets will be evenly divided among all your configurations. Plus you have limits per hour. So you can prioritize any configuration. Example: I love my #IBAbloggers and want really feature them so I would set them at 5 per hour, but I have a generic #DIY hashtag I was to share just a little from so I would set them as 1 per hour. This away I can stretch my free account to who I really want to promote.
If you are worried about having content your readers are not interested in, the add filter by a hashtag or use exclude text option.
RoundTeam is committed to NOT produce or distribute spam on Twitter. Thus, “follow-back” activities, automated voting, “gain more followers” activities, trading followers, hashtag promotion via massive automated retweets, and similar activities are not allowed. Users involved in any spamming activities will be identified and blocked from our system.
Take the work out of Twitter with RoundTeam! Be sure and ‘pin’ to your favorite social media tip boards.