Whether it is a summer vacation or spending time with family during the holidays, there will come a time when every blogger wants to take some time off from blogging. Before you go, you ought to plan a little now to help your blog stay active so you can enjoy.
Check Apps Before You Leave
There are many apps for your phone or tablet to enable you to publish posts, send newsletters or post to social media on the road, if you so desire. From experience, make sure they work the way you want before you count on them halfway through your vacation (yes, MailChimp, I am looking at you!).
Schedule, schedule, schedule
- Write a few posts ahead of time before you leave.
- Arrange for some guest posts while you are going to be gone.
- Use Buffer, Co-Schedule, Tailwind, etc. to schedule social media shares of previously published posts.
- Or consider hiring a Virtual Assistant to do some of those things while you are away.
- Posts to Help You Plan
Check out these detailed posts on the IBA Blog to help you plan for time away:
- Blogger Recommendations for a Smooth Summer
- How to Prepare Your Blog for Vacation
- How to Plan for a Blog-cation
Tips for On the Road Blog Photography
Even those of us that don’t travel bloggers might want to do a post about your vacation on the road or upon your return.
Here are some tips to get great photos to go with your post.
Blog about your life, don’t live to blog
Not only is it okay to take a break from blogging, sometimes it can be the best thing for you and your blog. Plan ahead, and then take the time to be with family and recharge yourself. Your blog will always be there when you get back.