Negative words can be hurtful, but they can also be helpful. Let’s read what Michael Fite suggests to turn negativity into motivation to succeed.
“Don’t give up just because of what someone said. Use that as motivation to push harder.” – Kushandwizdom
Keep this in mind whenever you hear someone say something to you that could cause you give up.
In your lifetime, all of the people you have met and will meet will fall into two categories:
- Those who want you to succeed (motivators and optimists).
- Those who want you to fail (doubters and pessimists).
Some people will switch categories depending on what you share with them. Based off their advice, you will either choose to give up or keep going.
If you find yourself giving up whenever someone says something to you, then I have some questions for you that can guide you to keep going versus giving up. If you find yourself continuing to keep going, you can look at these questions and share this with someone who may find themselves giving up whenever someone says something to them.
Why do you give up whenever someone says something negative about your goals and dreams?
The reasons can vary due to whom you share your goals and dreams with. I want to offer three facts that you need to know:
- If you ask someone to listen and offer feedback about your goals and dreams, you are accepting whatever feedback, positive or negative, that they have to offer.
- No matter what people have to say about your goals and dreams, they have no power to make you do anything unless you grant those words power.
- People will look back at your failures and not blame people and their negative words as the reason. They will blame you for not believing in yourself and the things you wanted to accomplish in your life.
You cannot let people talk you out of accomplishing your goals and dreams because your future depends on it.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Don’t let people talk you out of accomplishing your #goals and dreams. Your future depends on it.” quote=”Please share this post on Twitter and give Michael Fite and the IBA a little love :-)”]
What happens when you turn negativity into motivation to keep going?
There is no telling what will happen to you when you turn negativity into motivation due to your mental state of mind. Here are three additional facts that can help you:
- When you choose to turn negativity into motivation to keep going, you are saying to the world that you will continue to fight on regardless of what is said about your goals and dreams.
- Some people offer up negative words about your goals and dreams in hopes that you will rise above and continue to go after your goals and dreams.
- There is no guarantee that you will conquer your goals and dreams if you move past those negative words, but at least you give yourself a fighting chance, continuing until the end versus giving up without even trying.
You can use the negative words to your advantage and go after what it is that you seek and desire.
If you need help to make this happen, this last heading will offer you some guidance.
What are five steps you can take to turn negativity into motivation to succeed?
If you are going to succeed at your goals and dreams, you are going to have to push harder to make it happen. Here is how you can do it:
- Understand why people make negative comments about your goals and dreams.
- Question the people who make negative comments so that you can understand why they think and feel the way they do about your goals and dreams.
- Revisit and adapt your goals and dreams.
- Use the feedback you received to revisit your goals and dreams to see if you need to make changes or stay on the same path so that you can succeed either way.
- Reaffirm and commit yourself to your goals and dreams.
- Remind yourself that you are capable of overcoming the negativity and commit yourself towards achieving your goals and dreams despite the negativity.
- Move on from the negative comments and continue your pursuit of your goals and dreams.
- When you are ready, start moving forward and beyond the comments by having faith in the process and doing the things that will bring you closer to success.
- Go back to thank the people who inspired you through their negative comments.
- It is important to do so because, without their negativity, you would not have pushed harder and developed the toughness to succeed.
If you apply these five steps, you will be able to overcome and succeed despite whatever may be said about your goals and dreams.
Let’s remember that no word can stop you from accomplishing anything you want in life as long as you do not let it.
Give some serious thought to the questions above and share your comments below. Your answers and insight can help you and other people understand how everyone can succeed no matter what anyone says about their goals and dreams.
Michael is a Certified Life Coach and Certified Law of Attraction Practitioner who enjoys inspiring and motivating people to succeed. He is married to Fatimah, who has been by his side for 13 years. Michael has two kids, who provide him with daily inspiration. He also has a cat and a dog who are funny but lovable like Lilo and Stitch.
Michael has served in the military for the past 10 years. This has allowed him to see many places and learn quite a bit in the process. If you ask Michael who he is, he responds, “I am simply a guy who has been blessed with good things in life, and I am thankful for that.”
Michael blogs at Michael J. Fite