We all want more traffic, right? And (hopefully) we know we can’t do it alone. But there’s more to multiplying your audience then just smart networking, so if you’re feeling particularly ambitious, why not give a few of these a try?
Traffic Boosters You Might Not Have Considered
1. Start a podcast
2. Make informative or funny videos on YouTube
3. Get involved in LinkedIn groups, Facebook group and Google Plus communities
4. Join a blog networking group like the IBA or the Inspired Bloggers Network
5. Use a reciprocal sharing site like Triberr or Viral Content Buzz
6. Start your own reciprocal sharing group with some friends who blog
7. Do something memorable with your about page so people will want to get to know you better
8. Participate in discussions on Quora or Reddit
9. Make your posts into SlideShare presentations
10. Optimize your posts for SEO
Get Attention from Your Blogging Heroes
11. Submit your posts to relevant curators on Scoop.It
12. Subscribe to and comment on their posts regularly
13. Start a friendly conversation with them on social media by asking them a question (no self-promotion allowed)
14. Attend a twitter party they host
15. Attend a blog conference and meet them in person
16. Subscribe to their email list and reply with a thoughtful comment
17. Comment on their posts on social media
18. Share their posts regularly. Make sure they’re tagged. (Twitterfeed can do this for you automatically)
19. Hire them if they offer services
20. Write a review for their eBook
Turbo-Charge Your Posts
21. Embed pins, Facebook status updates and tweets into your post
22. Take a cue from Ana Hoffman and ask for shares throughout your posts, not just at the end
23. Mention authority bloggers frequently in your posts and let them know when you do
24. Do roundups of posts in your niche, like IBA board member Lauren Tamm does for us each week
25. Do what Pauline Cabrera does and publish frequent interview posts
26. Be like Kevin Duncan and publish a crazy long post from time to time
27. Fill your posts with pin-worthy images or do an entire post made of images with text on them, like this one
Make Bloggy Friends
28. Be like Donna Merrill and share every post your commenters leave via Commentluv
29. Find blogs you like in our blog directory and introduce yourself. Then come back often!
30. Greet new IBA members when you see their interviews published here
31. Join us for Social Media Saturdays
Bonus Tips for Overachievers
32. Tell a blogger if you notice a missing photo or broken link on their site
33. Write a tribute post to a blogger you really like
34. Click on a blogger’s affiliate link if you plan to buy the product, and let them know you did.
35. Write a post inspired by someone else’s post. Make sure to give proper credit.
36. (Use sparingly) If you think your post might be perfect for a particular Facebook page, send it to them with a kind note. They might just share it!
37. Recommend a blog to your Facebook followers and tag the owner’s page.
38. Share, share, share. Comment, comment, comment. Repeat!
39. Use StumbleUpon to promote others’ posts and OCCASIONALLY your own.
And, of course,
40. Participate in the daily support threads in our Facebook group. Nothing is forced there, we just expect courtesy and friendly cooperation!